Our clients range from small businesses to large enterprises. They all have one thing in common, they need a company who can understand their business needs and can translate that into solutions.
Ride Connection, a leader leveraging technology to increase the efficiency and ease of access in the transportation industry.
- Ride Connection saw a gap where agencies with excess capacity could not easily communicate with agencies who were overbooked.
- Each transportation providers has its own scheduling and dispatch software, which made it very difficult to share information with other providers about its unmet customer need.
Panoptic Development built a transportation services clearinghouse which allows multiple transportation providers, each with its own scheduling and dispatch software, to share information with other providers about its unmet customer need. The clearinghouse identifies potential matches between capacity and need based on time, path of travel, mobility requirements, and service eligibility.
- Increase customer satisfaction, transportation providers can provide solutions to their clients even if they do not have availability.
- Ensure that the pickup vehicle can meet the customer's needs by identifying special customer requirements (i.e. wheelchair, oxygen tank).
- Increase vehicle utilization.
- Automatic notification when a new request matches your criteria.
Ride Connection had two web based applications that needed updating, new functionality, and bug fixes. RidePilot is a scheduling and dispatch tool used internally by some of Ride Connection’s transportation services. WiseGuide is a CRM-like tool for scheduling and tracking training and coaching events for customers using Ride Connection’s services.
Using best-practices and an agile approach, Panoptic Development was able to provide Ride Connection with enhanced functionality and a more robust platform without interrupting service to these two projects.
- Enhanced customer tracking workflows to provide better service and follow through.
- Added reporting functionality and PDF generation.
- Increased automated testing coverage for safer deployments.
- Upgraded underlying hardware and software for added security and redundancy.
Ride Connection partnered with a local county for transportation services. They needed an interim solution to be deployed quickly that would allow the two agencies to share trip and eligibility data from two disparate systems while transporting confidential information in a secure manner.
Panoptic Development built a web-based application to allow Ride Connection to share client eligibility data and trip data with one of their partners. Using an agile approach and common frameworks for the front-end and back-end systems allowed Panoptic to quickly deliver a secure application that met the customer's specifications.
- Allowed both agencies to provide better customer service by being more efficient in their communications.
- Provided a platform for secure communications between the partners and their systems.
- Leveraged several open-source frameworks to reduce development time and costs.
- Practitioners were not able to proactively treat patients based on the information received by the assessments.
- Patients were filling out the assessment by hand and assessors were scoring the assessment by hand, which made it prone to errors.
- With medical records moving online, there was no easy way for the assessment to be tied to the patients medical record.
- Cumbersome task of storing the data electronically.
- Multiple assessment options sometimes caused confusion as to which assessment to chose, often the wrong assessment was chosen.
- Assessments sometimes rushed to be filled out just prior to the appointment.
We implemented a web application for use by both medical professionals and patients in Rhode Island hospitals. Our assessment portal application lets patients receive medical assessments and lets hospital administrators manage that assessment data. Our application was based on the framework we build for the Children's Depression Inventory assessment. Check out our mini case study on the assessment portal project!
- Practitioners can access the assessment results prior to the appointment enabling them to be proactive in their treatment plans.
- Saves money - research assistants no longer have to sort, manage and analyze assessments by hand.
- Improves patient care by reducing potential human errors.
- Allows Lifespan to more easily comply with Federal Electronic Standards.
- Streamlines the process by allowing the clinicians to schedule assessments online with automatic reminders and notification upon completion.
- More secure process.
- Ability to set alerts depending on survey answers.
- Leveraged CDI framework saving time and money.
Lifespan’s technology infrastructure for handling risk management data, Department of Health (DOH) reports, and incident claim reports was outdated. Lifespan used three Microsoft Access databases to manage this data, and the use of MS Access had created several challenges:
- Creating reports was becoming increasingly difficult
- Reports were no longer meeting the new reporting requirements
- The MS Access data was difficult to maintain and update
- There was duplicate information across all three databases
- Could not access from outside the Intranet
We built a web-based risk management application which allowed for easy reporting and data entry. The application was integrated with patients electronic medical report allowing for automatic population of data which reduced data entry errors. We extended the reporting capabilities, added advanced search capabilities, allowing the Risk Management organization to be more efficient and provide more accurate information.
- Reduced data entry time by integrating with patients medical record.
- Reduced time to run reports.
- Eliminated redundant information, thus reducing the risk of using outdated or incorrect data.
- Ability to create custom reports on the fly.
- Comply with new reporting requirements.
Harvard University and Rhode Island School of Design
- Harvard University’s The Frances Loeb Library and Rhode Island School of Design’s The Fleet Library want to increase collaboration on design-centered materials, there was no easy way to share information.
- Information was difficult to access across multiple databases.
- Hard for partners to access the data, made collaboration difficult.
Panoptic Development build a web application that facilitates collaboration of online resources for exploration and description of design-centered materials.
- Easy access from anywhere.
- Centralized database for sharing of design-centered materials.
- Ability to easily add partners extending collaboration.
- Ability to tag and annotate the data for easy searching.
- Difficult to access and share media collections, these collections were stored in many locations.
- Collaboration between departments was difficult because each collection was controlled by different business processes.
- No standardize format for storing data made sharing of the media more difficult.
We developed an automated system for Brown University, letting them migrate their digital media collections (classic art, music and literature) to an web-base application.
- Standards based media format made sharing easier.
- Library of Congress data standards integration.
- Reduced time to search and access the media by creating a centralized repository.
- Brown University is home to a number of prominent collections of texts, but sharing these collections was difficult.
- Scholars had limited ability to interact with these collection.
Panoptic Development built a Open Annotations Collaboration platform to allow scholars to create, store, and retrieve annotations of digital objects.
- Expanded collaboration capabilities by annotating the collections allowing for easy querying and retrieving of the objects.
- Library of Congress data standards integration.
- Ability to capture, save, and reuse students’ annotations of objects introduces a new dimension to classroom dialogue.
- Enhances the potential for comparison and collaboration between students and between classes.
- Open source framework allows other institutes to easily tailor the application to their needs.
- HonestTea’s marketing department was finding it more and more difficult to manage the field reports as the team grew.
- The current process of using Excel spreadsheets as a reporting tool did not scale well and needed to be addressed.
- Difficult to create reports needed to manage the business.
- Difficult to analyze field promotions to determine their success.
Panoptic Development created a custom employee intranet and report management system for Honest Tea’s nationwide marketing team. We leveraged our unique “rapid reporting development” process to deliver a system that was both robust and cost-effective. We transformed Honest Tea’s outdated, spreadsheet-based reporting workflow to a single, unified web-based system. Check out our mini case study on the Honest Tea project!
- Honest Tea saw a 75% - 80% reduction in the amount of time it takes to create and generate the reports.
- Capture data in a consistent manner meant more accurate reports.
- No duplication of information since marketing team members can view teammates’ reports and see what has already been entered.
- Send updates on the road, via notebook, tablet, or smart phone.
- More time to focus on broader strategy, thanks to the time saved.
- Improved reception from sponsors because of more accurate campaign data.
- Create a score card for every market, region, national with the data collected, to see how teams are performing.
- More robust marketing analytics.
We developed a campaign application to educate young Americans about changing health care laws. GettingCovered.org features interactive health care quizzes, real-time-editable content, Facebook integration, and customized supporter management. The project has been featured on many top US news outlets, such as USA Today and CNN.
- Provided health care information for young american to make informed decisions.
- Interactive quizzes allowed information exchange in a fun and playful way engaging young americans.
Fox Creek Leather
Fox Creek Leather was in the middle of re-engineering their e-commerce site when they realized they needed to bring in additional help to finish the project. Many features were unfinished and many more were still in the pipeline waiting to be started, and already the underlying framework was in need of maintenance. In addition, they knew they'd need long-term support to help them keep it up and running during peak traffic times.
We provided ongoing software engineering and project management support for Fox Creek Leather's custom, large-scale e-commerce application. The application features payment processing, shipping integration, fraud detection and more. We helped migrate Fox Creek Leather to a distributed, cloud-based architecture to handle their growing customer base. We also guided them through a major design overhaul, including adopting a responsive design to accommodate their increasing traffic from mobile devices. In addition, we worked to increase page load speed and through put through various caching and optimization techniques.
- A completed feature set according to their initial design.
- Added several new features, including user accounts, wish lists, and product comparison.
- Continuous updates to the platform for security and redundancy.
- Responsive design to accommodate mobile devices.
- Robust automated test suite to protect against regression errors
- Integration with many external services including PayPal, a payment processing service, and a shipping quote service.
Gigapan's Gigapixle application had become out-dated. Gigapan needed to update their Gigapixle application to a web-based solution.
We helped re-engineer Gigapan’s original Gigapixle application to more modern web-based system.
- Web-based application made it more user-friendly.
- Integrated Third party solutions to improve functionality.
- More easily stitch images together to create high resolution panorama pictures.
- BatchBook had a web application and iphone application but was not able to provide a native application for customers with Android phones.
We developed the native Android app for BatchBlue’s CRM web application, BatchBook.
- Users to access their contacts, to-do lists, and deals from their Android phones.
- integrates handset capabilities such as phone, email, and Google Maps.
- Brought BatchBlue’s CRM application to a new platform and opened it up to a new market.
The Construction Specification Institute (CSI)
- CSI maintained several websites. It was difficult to maintain the different sites and have a consistent story for their customers.
- The CSI website was outdated and needed an overhaul.
Panoptic Development enhanced the performance and functionality of CSI’s flagship web applications: MasterFormat and GreenFormat. MasterFormat allows users to look up specifications and other written information for commercial and institutional building materials. MasterFormat is sometimes referred to as the “Dewey Decimal System” of building construction. GreenFormat allows vendors to provide detailed information about their products and allows potential customers to find specific, environmentally-friendly products for construction projects.
- Reduced the cost of maintaining the sites by integrating the functionality of multiple sites into a single web site.
- Increased customer satisfaction by adding dynamic lookup of materials, thus making it easier to find the right material for the job.
- Search made easier by adding tags to materials.
- Increased administrator capabilities, thus making is more efficient to manage the site and add new materials as needed.
- GoingOn had national website and regional community websites, clients had to log into each of the websites separately. This was inconvenient for customers.
Panoptic Development assisted GoingOn with a number of client integration projects, connecting their platform with the authentication systems at client universities.
- Consistent profile information between multiple systems.
- Saves time by login into multiple systems under one username/password.